Sunshine is just what we’ve been craving this rainy winter. And lo and behold I got some by surprise! Thank you, Joy of Rabbithole Comics, for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award. Joy herself has a lovely comic strip. Also not to miss is her Museum of Leporine Art – a collection of illustrations of classical works of art, creatively reimagined…
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog post.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers & their blogs. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award and ask your nominees 11 new questions.
My answers to Joy’s questions:
- How did you discover blogging and why did you decide to start your own blog? I started a drawing blog quite a few years ago. I was a young mom, with little ones who needed lots of care. I had always loved to draw, and started a blog to connect with others, to have a creative outlet, and as a sort of artificial spur to keep creating. I’ve retired that blog, and now just work on this one (I also post Coexist on Instagram).
- In terms of blogging, do you think audiences look for quality or quantity more, and which is more important to you? Quality captures readers, and consistent output retains them – quality is always a primary goal.
- What is the hardest part of creating content for you? Putting pencil to paper to draw. Once I start drawing, I get absorbed, and it is relatively easy to finish. Just beginning is the hurdle.
- What are your tricks for curing Writer’s Block? I read other comic strips or humor writers, to get my brain in the groove.
- What is your creative process? Do you tend to space work out, or do you like to complete entire projects in one sitting? I keep an ideas notebook. I work out the ideas in my head while I am doing mundane tasks. Once the comic script is worked out, I pencil and ink and scan it, usually straight through.
- How do you deal with being discouraged or unmotivated? What about stress? Ah. I need any advice I can get, there.
- What is your ultimate dream vacation? Staying in a cabin in the woods in the mountains.
- What is your ultimate dream pet? A friendly cat.
- If you had to spend one week in an empty room, what three items would you bring with you (besides basic necessities like food and water) and why? A blanket – to wrap up in, like a burrito. One serious book – spirituality, philosophy, or history. One “frivolous” book – a good thick novel.
- Which new activity or hobby would you try if you had the time? Snowboarding.
- Do you have any future big plans or changes in store for your blog? No. My current goal is small – just to post more regularly.
I’m going to bend the rules a little here and nominate just 4 blogs:
Five questions for my nominees to answer:
- What is your favorite comic strip?
- With what fictional character to you identify strongly?
- Would you rather cross your native country by airplane, train, or car?
- When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- As you have gotten older, do you find that life seems easier, or harder?
3 thoughts on “Sunshine! Yes!”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh my goodness I’m so late to the party. Really nice answers, I enjoyed reading them 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person